Sunday, September 25, 2005

open-letter

ms. wind,

you once ran through the recesses of the dense leaves that hang just above my window. i can never forget how you sang for me. every night you did in my slumber. you sang in a variety of ways - soft, haunting, deafening, troubling, all intense, never failing to drown me into the depths of my unconscious. but as of late, you are still and i sleep with silent dreams as i long for your majesty.
i yearn for your songs! remember how you hauntingly carressed the leaves, and that rhythmic banging as you rattled the branches on the glass panels? i miss how you toyed with my thoughts and how you masterfully played the trees that loom close by. i miss how you touched me and swallowed me whole with your howling.
where is your touch? your voice? your power? i beg of you to grace me with your beauty. sing me your songs and once again, bring me to reverie because only then can i forget the insincerity of my dreams.
i miss you.

dreamer

No comments: