Friday, October 21, 2005

if only life had reruns

walking past each other you said hello.
with enough courage i spun around
only to muster a faint smile,
and speed away the opposite direction.
you made me feel things i never did,
as if the sky fell hard on me.

its been two weeks since that sunday,
if only gravity held us down
we wouldn't have flown away.

my mind's been on maximum overdrive
so forgive me and my wild imaginings but
i want to drive you away,
i want to share my bench with you,
i want to take you on top of that little hill,
i want you to shake my dreams,
i want you to inhale the breath that reads your name,
i want us to watch the ancient stars explode.

i know i'm pushing my luck but i want you.
don't make me go home just yet, please.
i love you.
i'm not even sure...
but i'm intoxicated by you.

this is for you stranger...
until our next beautiful collision.

No comments: