Monday, January 08, 2007

ulan


Rain was pouring hard. 3:43pm - and I tried to find traces of my person in your words. I couldn't find me.

It’s been so long and I still feel like I’m only around whenever you need a good kick. But when it’s my turn to be sated, you never deliver. I don’t know why I keep on keeping on when the best you could give me are silly imaginings. How did you even manage to slip past my defenses?

I never thought I'd be too agreeable, too convenient. Not that it was your fault although you could have done more. I’m beginning to sound like him, don’t I?

And yet we are different because unlike him, I would never settle for ambiguity. Unlike him, I won’t be swallowed by the vacuum of your insatiable ego. Unlike him, I will not grant you the satisfaction of having me beg or cry. And unlike him, I will stop before things get out of hand...

But until then let me just love you in silence because like rain on a gloomy Monday, this too shall pass.

No comments: